How to Add Thinngs
⊚‿⊚ Thinng me ← Drag this link to your toolbar
Adding Thinngs to your own list is addictive, be warned! You'll need to install the bookmarklet in your browser by dragging it to your toolbar. See below for more detailed instructions.
How Does the Bookmarklet Work?
When you're on page with something that you want to add to a list simply click the bookmarklet link in your browser, we locate all the images on the page & overlay them with some nice Thinng colours (see below).
The Pop-up Window
Once you click the image a window will pop-up allowing you to add additional details
- The image is the most important part, make sure you have the right image. Sometimes you might not be able to find the best quality image for your Thinng, in that case click change image and you can give us the URL of a better one or upload your own!
- The title is just what you want to name the Thinng, we try to fill this automatically by grabbing some details from the page. You can change this to whatever you like
- Choose which list you want to add you Thinng to, if the list doesn't exist you can simply select create new to create a list as you're adding. To save time we'll also remember the last list you used - this means that if you're adding lots to items to the same list you can do it quickly :)
- If you connect your Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr accounts you'll have the option to post the Thinng directly to there
- Finally you can add a caption to your Thinng, this can be anything you want!
More Detailed Installation Instructions for Bookmarklet
For Firefox, Chrome & Safari:
- We'll be adding the bookmarklet to your Bookmark Toobar so make sure this is visible.
- Drag the following link to your Bookmark Toolbar: ⊚‿⊚ Thinng me